What’s Been Happening
Since we provided the last formal update, which was in March, we have completed the exhaustive process of updating and co-ordinating the building documentation. This has allowed for the following parts of the process to be completed;
- A Tender package has been completed including all Architectural and Consultant documentation and a draft building Contract
- A Quantity Report has been commissioned and received
- An Initial Draft Quantity Survey Costing has been provided
- We have met with a number of local builders to assess the level of interest in tendering, which met with very positive responses from those builders
- We have completed an assessment process of the building to identify specific work which could be completed by ourselves without adversely affecting the builder to reduce the construction cost, and
- Finally, the opening of the calling of tenders last Monday 16 July 2018.
- Total giving to the Building Fund up to the end of June was $125,327. This included some lump sum giving of $41,300.
- The average monthly giving including the lump sum was $20,900 without the lump sum it was $14,000
This is a real area of prayer. Over the past 2 years there has been considerable pressure on building costs here on the Coast, putting upward pressure on pricing. Additionally, there has been increased pressure on Banks to tighten up their lending practices and increasing their interest rates.
All of these factors combined make our task all the more challenging.
What’s Coming Up
- Tenders will close mid-August.
- Tender discussion will occur late August/early September.
- Bank discussions
- Detailed consideration of the Quantity Survey Costing to identify how much construction is possible, the building shell with full or partial fitout.